Saturday, January 10, 2009

ALIFE AXZ X ADIDAS...the hardest shoes to get


WHO: DAN
WHAT: ALIFE X ADIDAS (AZX PACK "R" FOR RIVINGTON CLUB)
WHEN: END OF OCTOBER
WHERE: ALIFE NYC TO WELLINGTON NZ
WHY: WHY ASK...ITS A MUST

Aquiring sneakers has always been much of a talent for a few people...buying them full price is another thing...maybe because Im dutch which means it aint much, but either way im a sucker for ALIFE...(www.alifenyc.com) the footwear and apparel is ballin out of control and my collection boasts some 15 odd pairs of collabs with REEBOK pump, with WU TANG and just straight dopeness...so when they released the azx online it was a must...i owed it to myself and it dropping around my birthday was a must for my girlfriend to cop it for me...what a coincidence you may say, however this is the first pair of alife collabs she has ever bought for me...now the story begins...

As i type this I still do not have them...

first i thought this was a mishap and they would send it...but its been 3 months...whats going on? sweet fuck all is the slum dog millionare answer....ZIP, ZILCH, NADA!

So myt girlfriend calls them....with replies of "yeah no worries well send it"....still no reply or shoes...so i jump in

RING RING (the sound of phones when ringing new york?)

ALIFE: Rivington Club!
Dan: Hey! Im dan, im from new zealand and ive been waiting for 2 months now for my shoes
ALIFE: (long pause)...who the fuck is this?
Dan: Dan from New Zealand
ALIFE: First off who the fuck is Dan, and where the fuck is New Zealand?
Dan: Ummm...by australia..? anyways bro i just want to know where my shoes are weve been emailing some dude called drucker but no reply i just want my kicks man
ALIFE: yeah you gotta email drucker
Dan (no shit!) yeah bro i did but he aint replying
ALIFE: uuuuhaiiiit...email me (chris) and ill sort it out
Dan: Mean bro thanks for this aye, so i'll just repeat your email address back to you to clarify ...
ALIFE:....BEEP BEEP (hung up on me)

1 MONTH LATER, 4 WEEKS, 31 DAYS, A SHIT LOAD OF HOURS

RING RING (the sound of phones when ringing new york?)

ALIFE: Rivington Club!
Dan: Yes i need to talk to someone about my shoes that i bought 3 months ago!!
ALIFE: ummm Hold on dude!
(ELEVATOR MUSIC...getting transfered to someones line)
ALIFE: Jason!
Dan: Jason its dan bro i bought shoes from you guys ages ago and i still dont have them whats going on i need the us 12's!
ALIFE: man you need to slow down...i'll pass you back to chris
Dan: NAH WAIT
(ELEVATOR MUSIC...getting transfered to someones line)
ALIFE: Chris!
Dan: Chris its dan from New Zealand where are my shoes!
ALIFE: yo you that nigga that called me like a month ago from New Zealand right?!
Dan: YES THATS ME!!!
ALIFE: then why the fuck you callin homie?
Dan: those shoes never came
ALIFE: for real dawg?
Dan: yes my friend....no shoes!
ALIFE: aiiit hold up dude, ayo Manny you send those shoes off to New Zealand homie...
ALIFE(1): What shoes?
ALIFE: Manny i put the order on your desk son, come on this nigga been waiting for months
ALIFE(1): I didnt see shit nigga...
ALIFE: ayo dan you still there?!
Dan: Yes yes yes yes ... whats up
ALIFE: email Manny hell sort it out
Dan: (thinking .... ah fuck now ive emailed everyone from the alife team!) Thanks Chris your a life saver mate (was gonna get sentimental)
ALIFE: Be easy sonALIFE:....
BEEP BEEP (hung up on me)

So i emailed Manny they sending me a half size smaller than what i bought...moral of the story is talk slow, think fast and what ever you do talk black and sound important, it seems to work better than sounding like a snobbby white dude

I thank you ALIFE!!

1 comment:

  1. i dont thank alife - their "online buy" is terrible - drucker is has been on holiday since jan last year and the store stops sending things when drucker is "on holiday" and the guy who works in the L.A. store is on crack. they make good clothes and shoes - dont get me wrong but maybe lessons in "how to manage accounts" and general business matters wouldnt go astray. this is why you got a milkshake maker for xmas - blame alife.

    ReplyDelete